Hula Hoop Jumping Relay Game
The Hula Hoop Jumping Relay Race is a fun, energetic and vibrant fun game or can also be part of a themed team building activity. In this activity the teams compete against each other in a race with hula hoops
The Hula Hoop Jumping Relay Race is simple to set-up and an easy activity to run.
2 Hula Hoops per team
Danger Tape or Rope for lane markings
How to run The Hula Hoop Jumping Relay Race
- Teams are divided up into equal numbers.
- If one team has more participants, one (or however more participants the larger team has) members of the smaller teams need to have two turns.
- Another option maybe to get somebody, or some people, from the larger teams to sit out of this activity.
- The teams must stand in a straight line parallel and in front of their demarcated lane.
- The team member at the front of the line is given two hula hoops.
- When the activity starts the participants must always be “inside” the hula hoops, by stepping inside one, and then lifting the other hula hoop and throwing it in front of them.
- The participant must be careful not to throw the hula hoop too far, so that they are not able to jump into the said hula hoop.
- The participant needs to complete the specified distance, which can either be from the one side to the other, or to a specified point and then come back.
- Depending on whether it is a single loop, or to a point and back the other team members will be standing at the relevant point.
- When the first participant has completed the specified and market out distance, they give the hula hoops to the next team member.
- This process is replicated until every team member have finished their turn, that team that does this first is the winning team.
Hula Hoop Jumping Relay Race is a high output activity, and should either be done early in the programme, or just before a water or meal break.