This is an energizing activity that helps members of a group get to know each other, network, and recognize what they have in common.
- To enhance the get-to-know process at the beginning of an event.
- Whistle (or some other attention-getting noisemaker)
Step By Step Instructions
- Instruct participants to move around the room for almost a minute.
- Make a noise the whistle and ask the participants to line up, according to a specific criterion selected from the following list:
- distance from home to the workplace
- birth month in the calendar year
- number of different countries visited
- number of letters in his or her last name
- number of pets one has
- After the participants line up, blow the whistle and have them move around the room for a minute or so.
- Blow the whistle again and have the participants line up according to a different criterion.
- Repeat the procedure as time allows.
Line Up Energizer Group Activity
Property Type : Energizers
Listing Type : Placeholder
Activity Type : Energisers
Focus On : Communication, Having Fun
Outcome Based : No, just fun
Facilities : Indoor, Outdoor
Props Required : None
Duration : 16 - 25 minutes
Exertion Level : Low
Group Size : 1 - 8, 9 - 16, 17 - 30, 31+
Age : Youth, Adults