A simple and precise group activity aimed at trying to make each other smile a bit. Participants take turns being ‘kitties’ and ‘puppies’. The puppies try to make the kitties crack a smile or laugh. The last kitty standing is crowned as the winner!
To improve the energy level of participants
Step By Step Instructions
- Commence the activity by drawing a line in the middle of the room with tape or chalk. Divide the group in two and have them stand on opposite sides of the line. One side is the kittens and the other side is the puppies.
- Kittens are not allowed to smile or laugh and puppies must say hello to the kittens in any way possible and try to make any of them smile or laugh. Puppies are not allowed to cross the line but may do everything else.
- When a kitten smiles or laughs, it automatically becomes a puppy and must cross to the other side of the line. Continue until only one kitten is left standing as the winner!
To extend the game: Switch kittens into puppies and do it again; OR make the winning kittens into a team, see which one lasts longer.
Tips for running this activity online
- This activity may be run online with some tweaks – so long as you have everyone on webcam and present in your video conferencing tool.
- You can have the groups either use nonverbal feedback icons or put their hands up to delineate which team they’re on. If you’re being particularly creative, have them change their background image to either a puppy or kitten!
- The aim of the game is for the puppies, one at a time, to say hello to the kittens in any way possible and try to make any of them smile or laugh. Each puppy needs to be seen and heard clearly when it’s their turn. Whenever a kitten smiles or laughs, they join the puppy team. Continue until only one kitten remains or everyone becomes a puppy!