A simple game that will have everyone running within minutes. Very effective to fight the “after-lunch” dip.
- To activate the participants after a stressful or intensive session or after having lunch.
Step By Step Procedures
- Find a room that is large enough to have the group walking around (or even run), most preferably outside.
- Instruct the participants to stand in a circle, including the facilitator.
- Inform them that each one of them is a secret agent.
- Tell them that in the group there is one secret agent-catcher, dedicated to arresting them.
- Inform them of the good news: there’s a body-guard in the group as well, protecting them.
- Ask every participant to select a group member which they suspect to be the spy catcher, without informing anyone.
- Then ask them to select another member of the group which they think is their bodyguard, again without letting anyone know.
- Now ask the group to position themselves in such a way that their bodyguard is between them and the spy-catcher.
- Let them move around for about 2-3 minutes and find everyone happy and energized.
As a debrief, you can talk about the observation that with a few simple rules people can create chaos.
Secret Agent Ice Breaker Activity
Property Type : Ice Breakers
Listing Type : Placeholder
Activity Type : Ice Breakers
Focus On : Communication, Creativity, Having Fun
Outcome Based : No, just fun
Facilities : Indoor, Outdoor
Props Required : None
Duration : 26+ minutes
Exertion Level : Low
Group Size : 1 - 8, 9 - 16, 17 - 30, 31+
Age : Youth, Adults