This is a great activity that promotes the answering of open questions raised by participants by the use of a “What if” learning style. It prevents the facilitator from answering all questions themself. With this method participants can:
- close knowledge gaps
- find solutions for personal problems
- imagine themselves using their new knowledge in the future and prepare themselves for obstacles
- Let trainees find solutions to their problems themselves.
Step By Step Procedures
- Each participant writes one open question on top of a sheet of paper.
- Each participant then hands their sheet of the paper to the person on their right (and receives one from their left).
- They read the question of the sheet they received and writes down an answer or idea they might have come up with and their name for further clarification later on.
- If the participant has no idea or answer, they hand the sheet to the next person.
- The participants keep passing the sheets to their right after writing down.
- The activity ends when everybody has her original sheet back.
Moving Questions Ice Breaker Activity
Property Type : Ice Breakers
Listing Type : Placeholder
Activity Type : Ice Breakers
Focus On : Communication, Having Fun, Problem Solving
Outcome Based : No, just fun
Facilities : Indoor, Outdoor
Props Required : None
Duration : 26+ minutes
Exertion Level : Low
Group Size : 1 - 8, 9 - 16, 17 - 30, 31+
Age : Youth, Adults