The activity ‘Would you Rather’ is a very simple game – it can be a great time-filler or icebreaker too.
The basic idea is you ask a “Would you rather” question (see below for examples) and each person must decide their answer.
You can run the game in various formats, depending on the time available and the size of your group.
You can have people go to one side of the room or the other to indicate their “answer”
- You can have them sit down or stand up
- Write the answers down
- Share the answers with the group (obviously only for smaller groups!)
Just a heads up – kids and teenagers will end up excitedly talking amongst themselves after you go through some of these!
This game can be a good activity to run before a discussion about the need to sometimes take a stand for your beliefs, even if the rest of the crowd are doing something different.
Here are some sample questions.
Would you rather…
- Take a long hot shower or sleep an hour more?
- Get first dibs or the last laugh?
- Have to say what’s on your mind or never speak again?
- Lose or never play the game?
- The choice to wear earmuffs or a nose plug?
- Choose between being 2 feet taller or 2 feet shorter?
- The choice to be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say?
- The choice to be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or know their future?
- The choice to be able to stop time or fly?
- The choice to be forced to tell your best friend a lie or tell your parents the truth?
- The choice to be forgotten or hatefully remembered?
- The choice to be hairy all over or completely bald?
- The choice to be happy and poor or sad and rich?
- The choice to be invisible or be able to read minds?
- The choice to be rich and ugly, or poor and good looking?
- The choice to be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
- The choice to be the most popular or the smartest person?
- The choice to end hunger or hatred?
- The choice to find true love or win 10 million dollars?
- The choice to get caught singing in the mirror or spying on your crush?
- The choice to get even or get over it?
- The choice to give bad advice or take bad advice?
- The choice to give up your computer or your pet?
- The choice to go without television or junk food for the rest of your life?
- The choice to have a beautiful house and an ugly car or an ugly house and beautiful car?
- The choice to have a missing finger or have an extra toe?
- The choice to have x-ray vision or bionic hearing?
- The choice to kiss a jellyfish or step on a crab?
- The choice to live without music or live without T.V.?
- The choice to make headlines for saving somebody’s life or win a Nobel Peace Prize?
- The choice to not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?
- The choice to only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- To have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years’ time?