Egg Roulette Game
Egg Roulette is a messy but fun game with a light hearted sense of anxiety.
Egg Roulette is a fun, but messy game. Depending on how many eggs you can get your hands on and how many people are involved, you can do this with six or more eggs. Just make sure to have most of the eggs hard boiled and the rest remains raw. Say if you have six eggs, hard-boil five and keep one raw or if you have a dozen eggs, hard-boil eight and keep four raw. The players must then take the eggs one at a time and smash them onto their head, the one person that gets the raw egg first, loses.
Preparation beforehand, boil the eggs and leave the others raw. To help cover up which eggs are cooked, and which is not, refrigerate them over night. This will make it difficult to spot the raw egg. When ready to use, place the eggs on a plate, back into the carton or into egg cups. Place a tarp or some kind of ground cover onto the floor, as you don’t want to make too much of a mess.
Have the group of players line up, have each player approach the table with eggs. Ask the player to choose an egg and to smash it against their foreheads. Inform them to be careful and not to do it too hard, as a hard-boiled egg can be painful. Each player is not allowed to inspect the eggs but must choose one on site when it is their turn. Even if they suspect it is a raw egg, they must still smash it against their foreheads.
Carry on until somebody is lucky and chooses the raw one. Have some towels ready if this does happen. To make it up to the person who gets the raw egg, ensure they get a nice prize. Something that will have the others wishing they were the one who got the raw egg. This helps keep things fun and interesting.
You can also add a number of different variations for this activity, for example:
- You could have players not losing but winning if they get two raw eggs.
- The larger the group, the better it is to only eliminate those who choose one raw egg
Step by Step Instructions for Egg Roulette
- Things you will need include 12 eggs, of which 8 are hard boiled and the other 4 remain raw. You will also need some towels and some ground cover like a tarp. Maybe a few wet wipes might come in handy as well.
- The game itself should only last about 5 minutes
- There can be 2 or more players
- Prepare the play area, by laying down the tarp
- Have two group members come up and stand on tarp, they must now select an egg from the carton.
- The player faces the rest of the group and must now smash the egg on their heads
- The first person who chooses two or one raw egg loses
Facilitating Tips for Egg Roulette
When planning this activity, make sure to have plenty of towels on hand. You might even think about having some shampoo available for those who wish to rinse their hair out. To keep things clean, ensure you have a dustbin nearby to throw away all the eggs.
To make things easier on the organiser, have a few people willing to set up and take down everything, so everything can move forward smoothly during a program. Have each player standing up and facing the rest of the group, it is much more fun if everybody can see the reactions on the players face if they get a raw egg.
Larger groups can be divided into smaller groups to make it easier for everyone to get a turn. Show people how your group has fun by taking pictures or making a video. Afterwards, post them on social media or YouTube.