Simple and fun target practice
Step by Step Instructions:
- All you will need are some rubber bands, 6 soda cans or plastic cups and some tape or string
- Set the cups up in a triangle formation on a table
- Mark out a foul line about 8 feet away
- One player must try to shoot the cups with one rubber band at a time, making sure to remain behind the foul line.
- Give a player 60 seconds to try and knock over all of the cups.
How to play Rapid Fire in more detail
The aim of the game is to knock over all the cups stacked up on a table with an elastic band. Setup is quite simple, take 6 plastic cups or soda cans and arrange them on top of each other in a pyramid shape. The best way is to place the cups, put three cups down first, then two on top of them and finally one right on top. Take a short piece of tape, string or rope and measure off about 8 feet from the table and cups. Place the tape on the floor and this will be your foul line.
The player stands behind the foul line and must shoot the cups down with an elastic band. Each player should only get about 60 seconds to knock off all the cups. The game might seem simple, as almost everyone has shot an elastic band at some point in their lives. The game does however, require some skill in aiming correctly and doing it all within a time limit. The game is also quite fun for those watching and cheering the players on.
You can also add a number of different variations for this activity, for example:
- Increase the challenge by adding blind folds. See how many cups you can hit when you can’t see. Your team mates must help you out to aim in the right direction.
- Another version of the game can include teams. Here you can have a team, where each person must shoot down one or two cans each.
Facilitating Tips for Rapid Fire
To make things more interesting, you could get someone in the group who loves to talk. Have them give a running commentary as the game progresses. This game is relatively easy compared to some other activities and the background noise should not be too much of a distraction to players.
When setting up the table and cups, make sure you set the scene lengthways. This means everybody can stand on the side lines and will be able to see everything that is going on. Think about giving a prize out to those who can knock off all the cups in the shortest amount of time.
Benefits of Rapid Fire
- Generates excitement and energy
- Easy for everyone to do
- Helps to improve focus