Back Flip Minute to Win It Game
This is a simple to set up Minute to Win It Game where contestants need to flip 12 pencils on the back of their hand and catch all the pencils. The activity starts with 2 pencils and another two are added after each successful catch. The contestant wins the challenge when all 12 pencils are caught within the one minute time limit and bags some points for themselves or the team.
The Goal of Back Flip Minute to Win It Game
The goal is to place 2 pencils on the back of your hand, flip it, and catch the pencils in midair. This must be completed six times, with two more pencils after each successful attempt. It’s not that tricky with some practice.
Equipment Needed for Back Flip Minute to Win It Game
A flat surface
Place 6 groups of two pencils equally apart on the flat surface, all facing the same direction.
How to Play the Back Flip Minute to Win It Game
- When the timer starts, the contestant picks up the first two and places them on the back of their hand.
- The pencils are flipped up in the air and caught.
- Once successful, the player can move to the next group on pencils.
- The process is repeated, but this time with 4 pencils.
- Once successful, the player can move to 6, 8, 10 and 12 pencils
- The player wins the challenge when all 12 pencils are flipped and caught successfully.
The Rules of Back Flip Minute to Win It Game
The rules are simple:
- Player cannot add the next set of 2 pencils until the previous set has been caught.
- The pencils need to be caught by the same hand used for stacking the pencils
- The groups of pencils need to be flipped and caught in succession
- If the player fails, they will need to restart with 2 pencils. You may however decide that players can continue with the same amount of pencils that they are currently on.
Some useful tips
Even though there is a time limit, it is best keep a calm mind and hand.
Only flip the pencils once you feel comfortable you can catch them all.
Try and keep the pencils straight and lined up on the back of your hand.
The Back Flip Minute to Win It Game can be played as part of a Minute to Win It themed activity comprising of multiple Minute to Win It games, or it can be grouped together with other activities as part of a Fun Games event.